Thursday, July 26, 2007

President's task force to improve health care delivery for our nation's veterans

That's the name of the group that just presented this report to the President.

I haven't read it yet, but it's not that long so I'm pretty sure I will. I just wanted to comment on the name of the group.

Just the name of the group is political speak at it's worst. "Health care delivery for our nation's veteterans"

What's wrong with "Veteran's health care" Or "Health care delivery for veterans"?

I'll tell you what's wrong with those shorter titles. They don't serve to evoke emotional feelings of ownership. "Our Nation's Veterans". It's an emotional appeal to unity. The President (or someone on his staff) picked that title at the very git-go. That suggests to me that the whole thing is just a political jerk-off to try to make everybody feel better.

When the title is chosen for it's emotional appeal rather than it's descriptive value then I'm not really going to be expecting much.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home